Wednesday, October 27, 2010

We Play with Wooden Toys

I was going to blog about our weekend trip to Rottnest but when we returned a friend, who has been looking after Jack Dog, had kindly left us some fantastic wooden toys.
I'm very impressed with her ability to part with these gorgeous toys because, while I constantly state we need to cut down on the number of toys in our house, I find it impossible to part with wooden toys.
Anyway, the boys discovered these treasures in the play room when we returned from our short holiday and they have been playing with them ever since.
I didn't think I had many wooden toys but I pulled out a selection of what we have and covered the play mat! This doesn't include our box of city blocks or our collection of wooden puzzles. I think I have a serious addiction developing here!What toys have you been playing with this week? “Come over and play at the Childhood 101 We Play link up”

3 comments:

  1. I agree that wooden toy are just the best. The texture, weight, and colours make them special to play with. You've a great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love wooden toys too, what a wonderful friend to leave these for your boys, looks they had lots of fun. The cone sorting game looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wooden toys and with your *ahem* 'addiction' you will have to watch out for a Christmas feature I have coming up this Friday :)

    ReplyDelete