Monday, January 18, 2010

Colourful carnations

As I mentioned yesterday we are all suffering from cabin fever here so this morning after a quick trip to the shops Junior and I decided it was time for a little science (we haven't done any for so long).
I recently read a little article in the playgroup newsletter which inspired us to try colouring some flowers this morning.
Two white Carnations, some water and food colouring and we were set. A couple of hours later and we had some very pretty results. They will probably be even more impressive tomorrow but I don't know that I will get a chance to blog then so I thought I would take the chance when it arose.
There are more great kids science ideas on the Scitech Website and if you are in Perth, take a look at the program for their Toddlerfest coming up next month. Junior and I went last year and had a fantastic time.

No comments:

Post a Comment