Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mini Banana Muffins

This weeks baking project was Mini Banana Muffins using an Annabel Karmel recipe I found in a book from our local library (I couldn't find this recipe on her web-page but there were plenty of other variations). If you would like to try it - like most muffins it is incredibly easy.

Ingredients;

1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
55g soft light brown sugar
1 large very ripe banana
55ml sunflower oil
85g wholemeal flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt

1. Line 2 mini-muffin tins with 18 mini-muffin liners (I didn't have any so I just greased the tin).
2. Mix egg and sugar in a large bowl then whisk together with vanilla extract.
3. Mash the banana in a small bowl and add to mix with oil and egg.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, salt and cinnamon into the mix (add the bran left in the sieve to the bowl too. Stir everything together until just combined.
5. Spoon into muffin cases (around 2/3 full) then bake at 180 degrees C for 12-14 minutes until risen and firm.

I must admit I did these myself because I was in a hurry and Junior only discovered what I was doing when I had finished the mix but he helped me fill the muffin tins and we popped them in the oven.
15 minutes later they were cooling on the rack ready for morning tea.
Yummy and so simple. Next time I think I will make a double batch because they disappeared in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment