Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What Junior is saying at the moment!


Recently hubby was talking to a friend about their two year old son and they were wondering if his language development was on track. They inquired what Junior was saying at two. This got both hubby and I thinking and we really couldn't remember so we dug out a video from his second birthday. My things have changed! He had quite a good vocabulary and was stringing a few good sentences together but you really have to listen to understand what he is saying.

12 months on and we can't shut him up (not even at night to get him to go to sleep). So I thought I would jot down a few of the things he is saying at the moment - just as a little reminder for me in the future. Here are a few favorite quotes at the moment ...
  • "Are you alright now mummy?" usually asked a few minutes after I have told him off for something
  • "Can I watch a (another) DVD" a favorite ever since hubby put a Winnie the Pooh movie on for him when he woke up too early one weekend! He has already learned the effectiveness of pester power on his father
  • "Do you want to come into the cubby and have a cup of tea?" The new cubby he got for his birthday is a big favorite at the moment but he likes to share it with someone else.
  • "Can I have some chocolate ..... please?" We are still recovering from Easter and Junior seems to think that chocolate is a perfectly good option for breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, supper or for a snack in-between. He must have some of my genes in him!
  • "Fluff and stuff", "Cinders and ashes", "Blistering barnacles" etc.... we are trying to encourage some alternatives to "Sh*t" and "Bug**r" which he seems to have pick up from somewhere.... can't think where?
  • He also says "Cool" and "Wow" a lot with much enthusiasm which I'm sure was uttered repeatedly when hubby took him to a miniature railway show yesterday!
I could go on but I think you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment